Copyright and permissions
Copyright © 1996-2018 International Labour Organization. All rights reserved.
The ILO holds copyright in the information available on this Web site, unless otherwise stated. Copyright in any third-party materials found on this Web site must also be respected. You may request permission to reproduce the ILO materials available on this Web site as follows:
ILO Publications and Data
If you would like to copy, translate or otherwise reproduce the ILO material for commercial or non-commercial purposes, consult the page Permissions to Reproduce ILO Publications and Data for further instructions.
None of the photographs on this site may be freely reproduced and all remain the property of the International Labour Organization (ILO), which holds the copyright in them.
Should you nevertheless wish to download and use one or more photographs from the ILO photo library, you will be granted conditional de facto authorization to do so, free of charge, if you meet and agree to all the following conditions:
- Not to copy, duplicate or forward the photo or a representation thereof in any way whatsoever for the purpose of resale;
- Not to use the photo for a purpose contrary to the ILO’s objectives or to human dignity and respect;
- Not to use ILO photos of people to promote a product or idea that differs from their actual activity;
- To respect the meaning and context of any caption provided with the photo;
- To include the obligatory copyright notice (“© ILO / [name of the photographer]”) on the reproduction medium, whatever the nature of the reproduction, representation or interpretation of the photograph.
- The ILO reserves the right to modify the present conditions and to impose additional conditions on the authorization for use of photos. It may revoke an authorization at any time.
- Failure to meet one or more of the present conditions will result in revocation of the authorization to use the photo with immediate effect, without prejudice to any other recourse. The ILO reserves the right to take legal action.
Some clearly identified photos are not directly accessible from the database and are subject to a written request for authorization to send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , identifying the publication and describing the context in which the photo will be used.
ILO Logo (emblem)/ Name
The Name and Logo (emblem) of the International Labour Organization are legally protected and may not be used without express written permission which will only be granted when appropriate in very limited circumstances. Requests will only be accepted if they are in writing and contain the following information:
- the reasons in full for the request;
- details of the intended use; and
- full contact details of the person or organization making the request.
Requests for permission may be sent to email@example.com .
ILO Public Information
Press Releases and Press Kit material from the Public Information site may be reproduced freely. Texts of World of Work Magazine may be used with specific mention of source.
ILO Audio and Video Productions
ILO audio and video productions are subject to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 IGO (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 IGO) licence . Subject to said terms, users are free to share ILO audio and video files with the condition that they are attributed to the International Labour Organization (ILO) and are not used for commercial purposes. With reference to section 4(e) of the license, ILO audio and video files must in particular not be used for a purpose contrary to the objectives of the ILO or in a manner which does not respect human dignity.
ILO b-rolls and international versions of ILO audio and video productions are subject to the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 IGO (CC BY-NC 3.0 IGO) license . Subject to said terms, users are free to share and remix ILO audio and video files with the condition that they are attributed to the International Labour Organization (ILO) and are not used for commercial purposes.
Links to other Web Sites
Although the ILO encourages reciprocating links to other relevant Web sites in the effort to increase visibility to both sites, hyperlinks to other Web sites imply neither responsibility for, nor approval of, the information contained in those other Web sites on the part of the ILO.